What is Pilates?
Pilates is a method of movement that aims to strengthen the body is an even balanced way, with particular emphasis on strengthening the core to improve wellbeing, general fitness and potentially helping with rehabilitation following an injury. Olistica Pilates provides mat class Pilates, we may use small specialist equipment such as resistant bands, magic circles or chi balls to add resistance or support to each exercise, depending on what you need.
Who is Pilates for?
Pilates has something to offer people of all ages and levels and abilities of fitness, from complete beginners to elite athletes. Both men and women young and old! Each exercise can be modifies to give you an appropriate challenge. My ethos comes from focusing are on where you are now in terms of fitness and where you could be next week, every step is positive.
“ You will feel better in 10 sessions, look better in twenty sessions, and have a complete new body in thirty sessions.” – Joseph Pilates
What are the health benefits of Pilates?
I’ve given a personal account of my own Pilates journey here! The benefits are truly endless and will vary from person to person. Here are just a few but you must really find out for yourself we may be able to add to the list!
• A refreshing mind-body workout that leaves you feeling positive and strong physically and mentally
• Learning to breathe properly can reduce stress
• Develop a strong core, flatter tummy & string back
• Gain long lean muscles and flexibility
• An evenly conditioned body reduces the risk of injury, promotes recovery & supports sporting performance
• Your body will become more efficient
• Improved concentration & confidence
• A sense EMPOWERMENT
• It’s gentle & relaxing!
Sophia is passionate about all elements of the mind-body sector particularly Pilates and is fully qualified, insured and continually attends additional training to keep up to date with new research and enthused.