Here at Olistica I offer a completely holistic approach to wellness, I aim to help you find the healthiest happiest version of you, whatever your aim wherever you starting point. I aim to offer simple holistic advice and educate our clients to help you make small changes that can ultimately be life changing.
Olistica provides a truly functional approach to wellness, focusing on functional Pilates to accompany functional food. We aim to nourish not punish the body and introduce a sustainable lifestyle that incorporates the benefits of regular Pilates and optimized nutrition. All of Sophia’s Pilates sessions and nutritional plans centre on bringing things into balance both physically and emotionally, to help you look and feel your best. Her advice is simple and based on humble changes that are easy to follow.
Olistica is simply the Italian for holistic, inspired by my Italian roots and the simple way of life up in the mountains of Southern Italy I wanted to bring this simplicity into something I am so very passionate about – your wellness. The art of living well can provide a real energy for life and help us overcome health issues and stresses we never even knew existed bringing all things into harmony.
After launching Olistica in January 2011 Sophia is absolutely thrilled to see her ‘infectious enthusism’ inspiring others, “I am thrilled to hear all my clients achieve, some can stop taking pain killers, others no longer need physiotherapy other people just feel better! It’s just amazing to see people being stronger and I don’t just mean physically. It’s hard to put into words what it means when somebody comes to you and thanks you for relieving a long term injury or just for helping them believe in themselves again. I am just happy to help facilitate those changes because you did all the work”.
Benefits of Pilates:
The benefits of Pilates are vast and varied and as individual as you and me!
Some common benefits are:
- Develop a strong core, flat abdominals and strong back. Pilates develops a strong ‘core’, the core consists of the deep abdominal muscles along with the muscles closest to the spine. Core control is achieved by integrating the trunk, pelvis and shoulder girdle.
- Gain long, lean muscles and flexibility. Pilates elongates and strengthens, improving muscle elasticity and joint mobility. A body with balanced strength and flexibility is less likely to be injured.
- Create and evenly conditioned body to improve posture, prevent injuries and improve performance. Pilates conditions the whole body, even the ankles and feet. No muscle group is over trained or under trained. Your entire musculature is evenly balanced and conditioned, helping you enjoy daily activities and sports with greater ease, better performance and less chance of injury.
- Learn how to move efficiently. Pilates exercises train several muscle groups at once in smooth, continuous movements. By developing proper technique, you can actually re-train your body to move in safer, more efficient patterns of motion – invaluable for injury recovery, sports performance, good posture and optimal health.
- It’s gentle and relaxing!
Some more benefits:
- A total mind-body workout
- It develops confidence
- It helps you learn how to breathe properly and relaxes the central nervous system
- Balances emotional and psychological energies
- It can provide a sense of harmony and wellbeing
- Your internal systems are encouraged to work more efficiently due to improved posture
- Exercise is one of the most underrated forms of antidepressant, it can help to relieve anxiety
- Can reduce stress and aids restful sleep
Food for thought:
Food is both prevention and cure, it not only effects the way we look but the way we feel, our health and the way we think about ourselves and others. My foodie philosophy stems from the desire to help people look and feel their absolute best. I want to share healthy, delicious food that is not complicated, a fashion or myth promoted by media! It’s simple, inexpensive and makes you feel so good you’ll never want to turn back, it’s a lifestyle with gauranteed success.